Find the right business insurance
Tell us about your Business. We'll listen And work with you to make sure you've got a cover
Which Business insurance is right for you?
This cover provides indemnity against loss or damage for goods being transported by sea or air and incidental land transportation.
Types of covers available
- i) Institute Cargo Clauses “A” - These covers offer wide coverage and are similar to an All Risks cover
- ii) Institute Cargo clauses “B” - This is a more restrictive cover and essentially covers total loss only including loss of a complete package during discharge or as a result of water damage.
- iii) Institute Cargo Clauses “C” - This is a total loss only cover. This means that the entire shipment must be lost for a claim to be paid under this class.
Machinery Breakdown Insurance
This policy provides cover against sudden and unforeseen physical loss or damage to the insured machinery that may be caused by:
- i). Human failure: carelessness, negligence, faulty operation, lack of skill, malicious acts
- ii). Operational Causes: centrifugal forces, failure of control and regulating devices, physical explosion and implosion, shortage of water, overheating, impact, flue gas explosion in boilers
- iii). Manufacturer’s fault: Faulty design, faulty calculation, defective material and casting, bad workmanship, faults in assembly and erection.
- iv). Electrical causes: Faulty insulation, short circuit, over tension/excessive voltage
- v). Natural Hazards: Storm, frost, water.
- vi). Environmental hazards: Dust, humidity, temperature.
All risk insurance
The policy provides indemnity against loss or damage to specified items as a result of any peril, unless excluded, within the specified geographical area.
The Burglary policy provides indemnity against loss or damage to property following forcible or violent entry or exit from insured premises.
Fire & Perils Insurance:
This policy indemnifies you against damage to your property caused by fire, earthquake, lightning and other allied perils.
Take charge of insuring your business to prevent loss
Computer and electronic equipment insurance
This policy provides coverage to your electronic equipment including computers against sudden and unforeseen physical damage to the equipment in a manner necessitating repair or replacement. Electronic equipment constitutes all electrical equipment that consumes low electrical current. The cover includes mechanical or electrical breakdown, faulty material, faulty design, lightning and over voltages.
Are your employees protected against injury?
Personal Accident Insurance:
This insurance policy reimburses the insured against costs that may arise as a result of the insured’s death, permanent disablement, temporary loss of income due to disablement and medical expenses arising from an accident.
Work Injury Benefit (WIBA) insurance
This insurance policy provides cover to employers for compensation to all their employees against bodily injury, disease or death arising out of and the in the course of their employment. It also includes medical expenses as well as the last expense arising out of an accident or illness.
Professional Indemnity insurance
Some of the scenarios taken care of by a Professional Indemnity cover include:
- i). Erroneous advise
- ii). Professional negligence (i.e. making a mistake in a piece of work for a client)
- iii). Loss of documents or data
- iv). Unintentional breach of copyright and/or confidentiality
- v). Defamation and libel
- vi). Loss of goods or money (your own or for which you are responsible)
INSURE your business to avoid loss
Consequential loss (fire & perils) insurance
This insurance policy indemnifies the insured in the event of loss of profits following business interruption by fire and/or other perils insured under the fire policy
This policy covers loss or damage to money by robbery or theft whilst:
- i). In transit from your premises to the bank and vice versa
- ii). In your premises during business hours
- iii). In your premises in locked safes/strong rooms outside business hours
- iv). In the hands of authorised personnel of the company
- v). Damage to safes and /or strong rooms
Consequential Loss (Engineering) insurance
This insurance policy indemnifies the insured in the event of loss of profits following business interruption by breakdown of Machinery insured under the Machinery Breakdown policy.
Plate Glass Insurance
The plate glass insurance policy provides cover against breakage of glass as a result of an accident caused by:
- i). Impact by vehicles and other objects.
- ii). Impact by animals
- iii). Labour disturbance.
- iv). Riot and strike.
- v). Plundering and looting.
- vi). Civil commotion.
- vii). Breakage due to accidental damage during construction or repair of the subject property
Fidelity Guarantee Insurance:
This policy protects the insured from any pecuniary loss as a result of dishonest by employees up to the limits specified.
Have you protected yourself and your products
Public / Products Liability Insurance
Public/Products Insurance provides protection against legal claims arising from Accidental bodily injury to any person and Accidental loss of or damage to property.
Directors Liability Insurance
This is a professional indemnity policy which covers directors and senior officers against liability that may arise from either breach of duty, breach of trust, negligence, error, misstatement, misleading statement and omission, breach of warranty or breach of authority.
Employers Liability Insurance
This policy offers protection to employers for their legal liability against death &/or injury to employees out of or in the course of their employment.
Goods in Transit Insurance
This policy provides cover for loss or damage to various types of goods while in transit by road, rail or any inland waterway within the geographical area set out in the policy. The cover may be All Risks or for specified perils and may be taken for specific consignments or annually